ACE MADDOX targets Xbox One as Flying Tigers: Shadows Over China readies for take-offOctober 16, 2017
Sweden, October 16, 2017 — ACE MADDOX today confirmed that its air-combat action game, Flying Tigers: Shadows Over China (FTSOC), which is based on the historical events of America’s secret volunteer squadrons that helped defend China in WW2, is scheduled for an exclusive Xbox One digital download release.
Published and developed by ACE MADDOX, Flying Tigers: Shadows Over China will be available on the Xbox Store in 12 languages: English, Spanish, French, Polish, German, Portuguese-Brazil, Chinese (simplified and traditional), Russian, Italian, Czech, Turkish, and Japanese.
An Xbox One release date will be announced in the near future.
PRESS INFO & ASSET DOWNLOADS:
- XO Reveal Screens (PNG/JPG) EPK: FTSOC-Xbox-One-Reveal-EPK.zip
- XO Reveal Video (ESRB): FTSOC-Xbox-One-Reveal-Teaser-ESRB.zip
- XO Reveal Video (PEGI): FTSOC-Xbox-One-Reveal-Teaser-PEGI.zip
- Xbox Store URL: TBA
- ACE MADDOX’ YouTube Channel: AirCombatAction.TV
Flying Tigers: Shadows Over China is rated M for Mature by the ESRB (Violence, Blood, Strong Language), PEGI 16 in Europe, MA15+ (Strong coarse language) in Australia, and CERO B (12+) in Japan.
FLYING TIGERS HISTORICAL TRIVIA:
- Officially known as the 1st American Volunteer Group (the “AVG”), the Flying Tigers were paid by the Chinese government with the discreet consent and financial support of Roosevelt’s administration.
- Assuming fake identities, AVG recruits travelled by ship (from the US) half-way around the world to get to Rangoon, Burma (Myanmar).
- The Flying Tigers insignia depicted a Bengal tiger and was designed by Disney artists Roy Williams and Henry Porter. It was worn on flight jackets and painted on the fuselage of most AVG P-40 fighter planes.
- All Flying Tigers “volunteers” had to resign from the US military in order to become civilians. If shot down and captured by the Japanese, it is highly likely they would have been executed as spies.
- Because of their rugged and sturdy construction, the AVG’s P-40 fighters could withstand steep high-speed dives. This allowed the AVG to make use of “hit and run” tactics, often catching enemy pilots by surprise (the Japanese didn’t think the “Americans” fought fair).
- RARELY DEPICTED AIR-BATTLES OF WORLD WAR 2
Action-packed single-player campaign recreates the clandestine operations of the American Volunteer Group in fighter, bomber, gunner, reconnaissance, torpedo, and night missions.
- APPROACHABLE TAKE ON AIR-COMBAT
Features TrazerTime™ slow-motion firing, arcade-like combat maneuvers, sim-style pitch & roll controls, moody weathers (including thunderous monsoons, beautiful sunsets, and misty dawns), 20+ Allied and Japanese planes, and more!
- MULTIPLAYER FOR 2-16 PLAYERS
Xbox One leaderboards eternalize players’ online rankings across five battle modes! Coordinate devastating air-attacks in TEAM DOGFIGHT while providing cover for your comrades, outdo all enemies using powerful rocket weaponry in ROCKET BATTLE VS, or take to the skies and “Capture the Flag” in the FLAGBUSTERS mode.
- FLY IN COCKPIT OR THIRD-PERSON MODE
Soar through the skies of Southeast Asia in third-person or cockpit view in a variety of American, British, Russian/Chinese, and Japanese aircraft.
- STRIKING RENDITION OF THE FAR EAST
Faithful environments, beautiful graphics, booming sound effects and an epic-orchestral soundtrack create a lasting impression of the China-Burma-India theatre.
Flying Tigers: Shadows Over China (FTSOC) is an air-combat action game based on the historical events of America’s volunteer squadrons that defended Southeast Asia in the China-Burma-India (CBI) Theatre of World War 2 (aka the Second Sino-Japanese War). Secretly recruited under President Roosevelt’s administration before the US entered WW2 following the Attack on Pearl Harbor, the “Flying Tigers” were officially known as the 1st American Volunteer Group (AVG) and consisted of three pursuit squadrons with only 99 P-40 fighters.About ACE MADDOX
Specializing in action games based on true stories and real heroes, Sweden-born ACE MADDOX is an international game company operating remotely with a staff of specialized contractors in more than 10 countries across Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Visit ACEMADDOX.com for more info or follow @AirCombatAction on Twitter. Please use hashtag #FTSOC on social media.